Office Word Viewer 2003 is a little application that is capable to open, preview and print Word documents saved in 2003 format. The main advantage of this product is that you don't need to have the corresponding version of Office Word installed in order to perform these operations, and it is for free!
The viewer can also recognize other document formats like:
* Rich Text Format (RTF),
* Web pages (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml),
* eXtensible Markup Language (.xml),
* plain text (.txt), WordPerfect 5.x, WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd), and also Works 6.0 and Works 7.0 (.wps).
Some other highlights of this product are the following ones:
* You can copy text and paste it in other programs,
* The program supports documents protected with Information Rights Management (IRM) technology,
* Validation with Digital Signature (using Microsoft Authenticode) with the aid of digital certificates.
You can use Office Word Viewer 2003 to distribute your Office Word documents ensuring that everyone can read them, regardless the software that your recipients are using.